The application of RFID technology in the management of pallets, containers, transport vehicles, etc., the identification of goods and the overall management of the supply chain have all promoted the development of the logistics industry. UHF RFID labels have the characteristics of long reading distance (generally within 20 m), suitable for harsh environments, strong penetrability, and identifiable moving targets. The application of RFID technology in the field of containers makes it possible to accurately control and track the information of containers.
RFID tags for containers mostly use ultra-high frequency (UHF) segments. This frequency band has strong penetrating ability and shows superiority in dynamic reading. Compared with the application in industrial automation and other fields, the application of UHF RFID labels in container logistics and transportation has strong particularity. RFID stickers flow with containers on the sea, docks, yards and other places. The working environment has the characteristics of large temperature difference, high ultraviolet radiation intensity, and sea water is corrosive to tags. The packaging of RFID tags for containers must consider these factors. At the same time, the reflection of electromagnetic waves on the metal surface of the container has a great impact on data transmission.
Introduction to container management
Container management can be divided into two main parts:
(1) The use and scheduling management of containers, including the management of container business information such as container distribution, scheduling, lease initiation, lease cancellation, insurance, repair, and loss reporting;
(2) Management of container status information, including container location information, classification information, and cargo information in the container.
Composition of RFID container management system
RFID card issuer, RFID reader, RFID electronic label (container RFID label and trailer RFID label), antenna, vehicle reader system, factory exit monitoring subsystem, yard automatic management subsystem, central monitoring subsystem.
RFID container management workflow
1. Writing the ID code into the container label in the workshop. When the manufactured finished container goes off the production line, the corresponding container information such as the container code is written into the blank RFID label through the system software and the card writer, and the RFID sticker with the written code is pasted on the container. After the RFID reader system confirms the container number, the container can leave the factory.
2. Reading container before leaving the factory. The containers are transported out of the factory on trailers to the yard, and the RFID reader installed at the factory exit will read the container label information and trailer information, which will be transmitted to the factory monitoring subsystem, and then uploaded to the central monitoring system via the Internet network.
3. Identifying at the gate entrance of the yard. When the container enters the gate, the RFID reader on the entrance gate of the yard reads the RFID container tags of the container and the vehicle, storing the information such as the arrival time of the vehicle and the container in the yard management subsystem and uploading it to the central subsystem at the same time.
4. Placing and picking up containers at the yard. Once the containers are in the yard, they are placed by the stacking truck system in accordance with the stacking position assigned by the central subsystem. After automatic reading of the captured container information by the vehicle reader, the container is stacked to the position indicated by the system graphics.
5. The container is transported out of the yard for reading. The RFID reader system at the exit of the yard reads the labels of the containers and vehicles leaving the yard, and judges whether the boxes should be delivered. After confirmation, the vehicle information and the box information are matched, and the information and departure time are saved in the local database and the central database (MAS database).
RFID labels is favored by the container transportation industry for its fast identification speed, high precision, contactless, and strong environmental adaptability, and has developed rapidly. It is gradually being used in transport, asset management, inventory management, access control, medical and other fields.
Post time: Mar-17-2023